A new resource from the Harvard Graduate School of Education provides detailed information on 18 middle and high school social and emotional learning (SEL) programs. It serves as a practical resource for school and out-of-school-time (OST) providers.
Key components of the guide include:
- Background information on SEL and its benefits, including key features of effective programs and common implementation challenges,
- A summary of the evidence base for each of the 18 programs,
- Recommendations for adapting the programs to OST settings,
- Summary tables that allow users to compare unique features, program components, and instructional methods, as well as see which skills each program targets, and
- Detailed individual profiles for each of the programs.
A supplement includes worksheets to help users select a program and think through considerations on everything from program components to program duration and cost.